Start off Your Leadership Journey Right in 2022
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is done and dusted, 2021 is almost over and a New Year is on the horizon. So, what will 2022 hold for you? Have you penned your New Year’s Resolutions yet? What will your goals be? What do YOU want to achieve next year? If you haven’t figured it out yet, don’t worry, there is still plenty of time.
I know many leaders who want to ‘up their leadership game’ in 2022 and aspire to be the very best leaders they can be. Largely because of the COVID pandemic, building and developing courageous leadership skills will be a top priority for many leaders and businesses across Australia and the globe in 2022.
As we leave 2021 behind and embrace the changes, challenges, and opportunities that 2022 brings, many leaders are tackling some unanswered questions. How do you start your leadership journey off on the right foot? How can you become a great leader? Are you already a great leader? What does being a great leader mean for your business or organisation?
I get it, sometimes emerging leaders don’t know where to start when it comes to their leadership journey. However, it is clear that we can’t return to business as usual in 2022 and there is no denying that the world is crying out for kind and courageous leadership, which is why I decided to write my book “First Comes Courage” that pinpoints and highlights that courage comes from within.
In First Comes Courage, I explore the power of leading with courage, and offer insights and tools to develop, nurture and grow courage within you and your teams. This book will empower you to be spirited, confident, dauntless, and selfless in all aspects of your life through the courage compass – kindness, impact, purpose and resilience.
If you need some motivation on preparing to become or becoming a better or more courageous leader in 2022, my book offers plenty of tips on how you can get started on your journey.
‘You can be strong as a leader and be kind.
You can be courageous as a leader and be fearful.
You can be a leader without the title.
But first comes courage.’
According to a survey by Gartner, Inc, nearly 60% of HR leaders reported that building critical skills and competencies will be their number one priority in 2022. The survey of more than 550 HR leaders in July 2021, claims the other top HR priorities for 2022 are: organisational design and change management (48 percent), current and future leadership bench (45 percent), the future of work (42 percent) and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) (35 percent).
Nominate today in our 2022 Outstanding Leadership Awards and Courage Conference
These statistics should be taken seriously by all leaders, no matter the industry they’re in, and cannot be ignored if you want your business to grow and thrive now and into the future.
So, how can you be the best leader you can be in 2022.
- Make leadership a priority – Great leadership skills will be at the top of every leader’s list in 2022. During the past couple of years, we have seen the work-life balance change as we know it. More people are working from home, others are opting for part-time work, and some are driven by a sense of purpose. In short, life post pandemic won’t be the same as pre pandemic. Take a look at your strengths and weaknesses as a leader. Can you be kinder, or do you need to be more empathic to the plights of others? Do you need to look deep within yourself to find that courage?
- Focus on finding that purpose – What is your purpose? What drives you to do the things you do every day? Leadership isn’t just about delegating tasks, it’s also about creating employee connections, mentoring, coaching, and teaching so you can strive to complete that common goal with your team.
- Adapt to change in a positive manner and be resilient – Great leaders adapt well to change and know that things won’t be the same post pandemic. Have a chat with your employees and find out what their plans for the future are. Can you change the role so they can work from home or part-time to offer them better life-work balance?
- Be kind and have empathy – To me, kindness and empathy is one of the most important traits you should have as a leader. Being kind leads to better workplace environments and more positive employees, which can attract more talent to your pool.
- What kind of impact do you want to make in the workplace? Do you want to develop and nurture other leaders? What is your business mission in the long run?
Join the conversation below. Do you think leadership will be a priority in 2022? How do you think we can go about continuing to build stronger, kinder, and more courageous leaders?
You can find out more about our brilliant leadership programs and workshops at https://r65.1d3.myftpupload.com/